Using a Sony alpha camera as a webcam in macOS Catalina
- Make sure firmware is up to date (on my alpha 6300 v2.01), if you don't upgrade you will be stuck on 'Connecting':
- This is tricky to install on Catalina
- Download firmware first from Sony website, google your camera name + firmware update
- The update will not run on Catalina, you have to use this guide
- Download and install Sony webcam application
- Restart Mac
- You will not see an application, but the app is running in the background.
- Now follow this guide to make it connect to your camera.